It’s still early in the school year, but that dreaded time has come. Midterms. In between study sessions, I find myself craving something sweet and easy. What’s easier than a chocolate pudding you can whip up with a microwave in about 15 minutes? This recipe makes 4 servings, so share some with your study group!
Serving size: 4 cups of puddin
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Optional: (for toppings) chopped bananas, sliced almonds, caramel drizzle
- Whisk the dry ingredients together in a microwave-safe bowl. Add the milk in a little at a time to avoid lumps.
- Cook everything for one minute. Stir, then cook again for another minute. Stir. Continue microwaving for one-minute intervals, and stirring until the pudding looks shiny and thick.
- Then stir in the vanilla.
- Carefully place a piece of plastic kitchen wrap smoothly onto the surface of the pudding. This will prevent a rubbery layer of “skin” from forming. Chill in the refrigerator. Once the pudding has set, it’s ready to serve!
- Stir in chopped bananas and sliced almonds or whatever you feel goes with chocolate pudding!